We appreciate your visit to this website (hereinafter – Website) and your interest in our services and products.
We recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of information collected by us, in particular, information that is capable of identifying an individual (“personal information”).
Birake Exchange LLC is responsible for the processing of personal data that it receives under Georgian laws.
Collection of Information
What are the purpose and the scope of this Policy?
Birake, its subsidiaries and affiliates (hereinafter – Space Cargo or We) are committed to safeguarding the personal information that we collect from individuals who use the Website. Accordingly, Birake has developed this Policy to describe how and what type of data will be collected from users of the Website and the purposes for which Birake may collect, share or disclose the data. Birake also outlines reasonable precautions which are taken to keep your data secure.
We may collect personal information about you through your conduct on our website, via support services, email, telephone, any contact made by you through social media channels and through any other interaction you may have with us.
We collect and hold personal information about, but not limited to:
- users and potential users;
- business associates and potential business associates, and their employees and contractors (where applicable);
- individuals we deal with in the course of providing services to our users;
- suppliers and their employees and contractors;
- employees, prospective employees and contractors; and
- and other people who come into contact with us. We collect personal information about you in order for us to provide you with our services, for you to take full advantage of our services, and for us to conduct our business and meet our legal obligations.
We collect personal information about you in order for us to provide you with our services, for you to take full advantage of our services, and for us to conduct our business and meet our legal obligations.
Personal information is collected when provided by you, via the website, email, support, phone, social media, or any other interactions you may have with us. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries that you submit to us. Information we collect may include (but is not limited to): names, addresses, contact details, occupations, payment details, employment history, education and qualifications, testimonials, feedback and other information which assists us in conducting our business, providing and marketing our services, and meeting our legal obligations.
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to social media platforms and publicly available sources.
Registration with the website is voluntary. Registration may include submitting (for instance, but not limited to) your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, and selecting an option to receive updates and promotional material and other information. You may view and edit this information at any time by logging in and going to your account.
We may also collect information about you as permitted by law.
In some cases, if personal information we request is not provided, it might adversely impact our ability to supply you with services or perform our obligations to you.
Any information you provide to us that is not required is voluntary. You are free to choose whether to provide us with the types of personal information requested, but we may not be able to serve you as effectively or offer you Services when you do choose not to share certain information with us.
2. Collection and Use of Information Collected Automatically
We receive and store certain types of information automatically, such as whenever you interact with the sites or use our services. This information does not necessarily reveal your identity directly but may include information about the specific device you are using, such as the hardware model, device ID, operating system version, web-browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer) and your Internet Protocol (IP) address/MAC address/device identifier.
When you visit our website, our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems and to enable us to provide the best level of service.
Tracking technology helps us manage and improve the usability of the Website, for example by detecting whether there has been any contact between your computer and us in the past and to identify the most popular sections of the Website.
Please ensure that you set your cookie settings by un-ticking certain types of cookies if you do not consent to their use by Birake.
When you save your cookie settings, they should also apply to your future visits to the Website. However, for technical reasons beyond Birake’s control, this cannot be guaranteed. For example, if you reset your browser, delete your cookies or access the Website from another browser or device your cookie settings may be lost.
In many cases you can also control tracking technologies using your browser. Please ensure that your browser setting reflects whether you wish to be warned about and/or accept tracking technologies (such as cookies) where possible. The specific capabilities of your browser and instructions on how to use them can usually be found in the manual or help file of your browser.
Refusing, disabling or deactivating of tracking technologies may result in a reduced availability of the services provided by the Website or parts of the Website may no longer function correctly
3. Management of Personal Information
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to us, and we regularly review and update our security measures in light of current technologies.
While no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to ensure the security, on our systems, of the personal information you transmit to us via our online products and services.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
What should you consider when sending data over the Internet?
The Internet is generally not regarded as a secure environment, and information sent via the Internet (such as to or from the Website or via electronic message) may be accessed by unauthorized third parties, potentially leading to disclosures, changes in content or technical failures. Even if both sender and receiver are located in the same country, information sent via the Internet may be transmitted across international borders and be forwarded to a country with a lower data protection level than exists in your country of residence.
Please note that we accept no responsibility or liability for the security of your information whilst in transit over the Internet to Space Cargo. In order to protect your privacy we would like to remind you that you may choose another means of communication with Space Cargo, where you deem it appropriate.
4. Use of Information
- to conduct our business;
- to provide you with our services and any other services you request;
- to market our services to you;
- to engage with third parties on your behalf;
- to communicate with you;
- to the purposes of technical administration and research & development of the Website
- to help us manage and enhance our services; and
- to comply with our legal obligations. Copies of correspondence sent by you, or from the website that may contain your personal information, are stored as archives for record-keeping and back-up purposes only. All communication from us (including information with regards to new products and services) will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of further communication. You can choose to opt out at any time from receiving marketing communications.
We do not allow the selling of your personal information in any way.
5. Retention and Disclosure of Information
We take care to allow your personal information to be accessed only by those employees who require it in order to perform their tasks and duties, and to share with third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it.
We may disclose your personal information:
- where you have consented;
- where disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which the personal information was submitted; or
- when the law permits or requires disclosure.
- We may also disclose your personal information in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering with (intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
We may engage third parties to support our operations and/or provide you with services on our behalf (such as identity verification agencies, credit reporting agencies, and outsourced IT service providers).
We generally retain personal data for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes for which it was obtained. To dispose of personal data, we may anonymise it, delete it or take other appropriate steps.
Where we no longer require your personal information, we will comply with our legal requirements in respect of that information.
6. Access to Information
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information that we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date.
The majority of the information that we hold about you will be available for you to review by logging into your online account with us.
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Georgian Personal Data Protection Law, you may seek access to the personal information that we hold about you. We will require you to verify your identity, and to specify what information you require. A fee may be charged for providing access. If a fee is to be charged, we will advise you of the likely cost in advance.
If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to request to have the information corrected in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law of Georgia.
7. Links to External Websites
We provide links to websites outside of our websites, as well as to third party websites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that website and its privacy statement.
8. Legal bases for processing personal information
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal ground they rely on to process, use or disclose your personal data. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
- you consent to such processing;
- such processing is required to satisfy our legal obligations;
- such processing is necessary in order to carry out our obligations as part of any contracts we may have with you, or as part of negotiations before entering into a contract with you; or
- such processing is required in order for us to protect our property and rights, or the safety of Birake Exchange LLC, our users, contractors, or other affiliates.
9. Direct Marketing
If you are a current user, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information regarding any services which are similar or related to those in which you have previously expressed an interest, be that through transaction history or enquiry.
If you are a new user, we will only contact you by electronic means for marketing purposes if you have consented to receive such communications. Direct marketing includes any communications to you regarding advertising or the promotion of products and services. If you do not want to receive marketing communications, at any time and free of charge, you may use the opt-out link provided in any communication from us, or contact us at [email protected].
10. Individual Rights
We believe that users should be treated equally no matter where they are, and so we are making the following options to control your data available to all users regardless of their location.
You can update certain information by logging into your account with us and accessing your account information and settings. You can also contact us at [email protected] so that we may consider your request under applicable law.
We encourage you to make any individual rights requests through our email ([email protected]), we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request to protect your privacy and security.
Birake does not offer its services to minors, correspondingly, the Website does not seek to collect personal data from individuals under the age of 18. Individuals under the age of 18 should receive permission from their parent or legal guardian before providing any personal data to Birake on the Website.
Right to withdraw consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information collected on the basis of your consent at any time. Please note that withdrawing this consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing we may have undertaken prior to the withdrawal of consent.
Right of access to and rectification of your personal information. You have the right to request that we provide you with a copy of all personal information pertaining to you that we hold. This information will be provided without undue delay, unless such provision adversely affects the rights and freedoms of other users, contractors or affiliates of Birake Exchange LLC. If a fee is to be charged for this service, the full amount will be made known to you in advance. You may also request that we rectify any false personal information pertaining to you that we keep on record. Your right to access and rectification shall only be limited where the expense of providing such access becomes disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, or where the rights of other users, contractors or affiliates may be violated.
Right to erasure. You have the right to request that we erase personal information that pertains to you if that information:
- is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected;
- was collected in relation to processing to which you had previously consented, but later withdrew such consent; or
- was collected in relation to processing activities to which you object, and there are no legitimate overriding grounds for such activities. If we have made your personal information public and are obliged to erase that information, we will take reasonable steps to inform relevant third parties that are processing your personal information that you have requested the erasure, including all links to, or copies or replications of, your personal information. The above is subject to limitations by relevant data protection laws.
Right to data portability. You have the right to request that we make available any personal information pertaining to you, which we obtained through a contract with you or based on your consent, in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format. You may also request that we transfer this information directly to another “controller” where technically feasible, unless the exercise of this right adversely affects the rights and freedoms of others. A “controller” is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of your personal information.
Right to restrict or object to processing. You have the right to restrict or object to us processing your personal information where one of the following applies:
- You contest the accuracy of your personal information that we processed. In such instances, we will restrict processing during the period necessary for us to verify the accuracy of your personal information.
- The processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information and request the restriction of its use instead.
- We no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but it is required by you to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to processing, pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of our processing override your rights.
Restricted personal information shall only be processed with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest. We will inform you if the restriction is lifted.
Notification of erasure, rectification and restriction. We will communicate any rectification or erasure of your personal information or restriction of processing to each recipient to whom your personal information has been disclosed, if any, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. We will inform you about those recipients if you request this information.
Right to object to processing. Where the processing of your personal information is based on consent, contract or legitimate interests you may restrict or object, at any time, to the processing of your personal information as permitted by applicable law. We can continue to process your personal information if it is necessary for the defence of legal claims, or for any other exceptions permitted by applicable law.
Automated individual decision-making, including profiling. You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing of your personal information, including profiling, which produces legal or similarly significant effects on you, save for the exceptions applicable under relevant data protection laws.
Right to lodge a complaint. If you believe that we have infringed your rights, we encourage you to contact us first at [email protected] so that we can try to resolve the issue or dispute. You can also complain about our processing of your personal information to the relevant data protection authority.
Storage of your personal information. We will try to limit the storage of your personal information to the extent that storage is necessary to serve the purpose(s) for which the personal information was processed, to resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and as required or permitted by law.
Data Protection Officer. You may reach the Birake Exchange LLC Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
Your rights to personal information. Your rights to personal information are not absolute. Access may be denied when:
- Denial of access is required or authorised by law;
- Granting access would have a negative impact on other’s privacy;
- To protect our rights and properties; and
- Where the request is deemed frivolous or vexatious.
How can you access or review your personal data?
You may, where permitted by applicable law or regulation:
- check whether we hold your personal data,
- ask us to provide you with a copy of your personal data, or
- require us to correct any of your personal data that is inaccurate.
Should you have a request regarding the processing of your personal data please send a letter to the following email address: [email protected].
Problems or Questions
Last Update in 23/02/2024